Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Blown Away!

I couldn't believe that the dear lady we visited at Friendship Village yesterday (sitting on the couch) is 95 years old.  D, you should see her sewing area.  It is amazing!  She has a closet with floor to ceiling shelves full of neatly stacked material, a floor to ceiling wall section in her bedroom with spools of thread of every color, two sewing machines, a pattern cutting surface, ironing board and another machine that did something I didn't understand.  Her goal is to complete two projects a day and I bet she does it.  We saw an array of colorful little skirts and bags that she made for missionaries in Africa.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I wish I could meet this amazing lady. I wonder if you could take a picture of her little skirts and bags that she sends to Africa. I appreciate everyone with sewing skills. And she is using them to benefit others. D

    ReplyDelete