Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Eclaircissement

The view through my left eye has cleared up.  With the end of Jul-eye comes the sucessful end of the great cataract adventure.  On to the delights of Augen (August). 

I used the word "eclaircissement" for my dear French understanding reader.  The word was used in the Jane Austen book that I just finished and it sounded so delicious that I looked it up and thought it almost fit to describe the clearing up of my previously obscured vision. 

I used the word "Augen" for my dear German understanding reader because it means "eyes" and it sounded a little like August and I couldn't resist.

I'll resume blogging when we start for Florida in about 100 days.  So far, so good!

6 comments:

  1. Aaaaah! C'est magnifique cette eclaircissement de vos yeux. Nous sommes tres contentes pour vous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and in the words of Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice: "I hope to afford you more clarity in the future." I believe Jane Austen was predicting your successful surgery!
    XOXOX
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Jane Austen reader.

      Delete
    2. We are so grateful for our eyes and the technology to be able to see better. Thank God for Doctors and the knowledge he gives them. D

      Delete
  3. Ditto to all the comments!

    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete