Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tuesday - laundry





We're making ourselves at home in our great room with the great view. We are here until Saturday morning when QM2 returns to town to pick us up. Yesterday we did hand wash and hung things to dry on the heated towel bars. What a great invention! Other unique features are the big and little levers on the flush box, windows that tip open at the top or open wide like a door, no window screens and no flies or mosquitoes.


I have a cell phone bought in Germany with which I can keep in touch with our friends at the hotel nearby and our friends in Meissen. It will probably not work as a phone in the USA but it has a lot of cool features such as converting temperature, distance, weights, etc. We weigh a lot less in kilograms than we do in pounds which is a very nice thing!


1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I received a message from Ralph to give you. "When you next get on Naomi's blog please tell her I got caught up today. However, blog was unavailable for my comments. so there is no trace of my having stopped by to peruse. Hope all is well. Will look out over the ocean in a few days in case the QM11 takes a wrong turn and sails past Hawaii" D I received it at 9:30 pm last night.

    ReplyDelete