Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy Shopper

Today we got our groceries at a 20% discount and will get 10 cents off on each gallon of gas from now through Labor Day.  We love our neighborhood Meijer store.   It is so close that if we were in better shape we could walk there.

As we cruise down the wide aisles with our mini-carts we are reminded of being on Queen Mary 2 because the chime that sounds before  public address announcements sounds exactly like the one on the ship.

Sister likes the small town friendliness of the people and will chat with the cashier and the person behind her in the checkout line.  I prefer the self-checkout line and delight in communicating with the computerized system of electronic coupons and bill paying.

To top off our delightful shopping adventure today, I found a face-up penny in the parking lot.  They know how to keep us coming back.



  

   


 

2 comments:

  1. So good see you and your Meijer's again. Enjoy the beautiful weather. --H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the self service check out lanes. I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I don't have to press the "help button". Today I had to press it because the red pepper was so light it kept coming back. Thankfully I was only charged for it once . (I think) D

    ReplyDelete