Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What a cage!


The memorable thing about the Chinese restaurant we went to today was the magnificent bird cage in the lobby.  But I guess I would have rather seen philodendron growing behind the bars.  Something in me wanted to set the birdies free.

I've been a bird-watcher for over 50 years and have kept a list of each new bird as I identified it along with the date and location.  On my life-list there are 100's of different birds that I have seen in the United States and a few that I  saw in Germany.  It's a great hobby.

Come to think of it I have heard there is a tremendous amount of air pollution in China.  Perhaps the birds at the restaurant are refugees and need to be cared for in a protected place.  Lucky birds to have such a great cage.

4 comments:

  1. They don't look large enough that they would prey upon other birds. However, if you set them free they could have become prey. They also could have spread an unknown virus to native species or picked up a virus from native species for which they have no defense. So, it's probably best that even though someone else messed with nature you didn't contribute to a potentially bigger mess. RB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just hoping your table wasn't directly under the cage....Ew!
    Sounds like you're having a grand time!
    XOXOX Susan et. al.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RB's assessment of the bird is probably correct. Reminds me of the song,"and her beauty was sold for an old man's gold, shes only a Bird in a Gilded Cage" I can't help you bb with your twinkie request unless Hostess is bought by another company and they use the exact same recipe. rc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I thought of that song too.

    ReplyDelete